Mr. Storck has taught history at Christendom College in Front Royal, Virginia, and philosophy at Mt. Aloysius College in Cresson, Pennsylvania and Catonsville Community College in Catonsville, Maryland. He holds an undergraduate degree in English literature from Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio and an M.A. from St. John’s College, Santa Fe, New Mexico, with additional studies in history at Bluffton College and in economics at the USDA Graduate School in Washington, D.C.
Mr. Storck served as a contributing editor for Caelum et Terra from 1991 until the magazine closed in 1996 and the New Oxford Review from 1996 to 2006. Since 1998 he has been a member of the editorial board of The Chesterton Review.
He is the author of three books, The Catholic Milieu (Christendom Press, 1987), Foundations of a Catholic Political Order (Four Faces Press, 1998) and Christendom and the West (Four Faces Press, 2000).
Political foundations of the social order
- The Guilds of the Middle Ages: An Example of Practical Subsidiarity. Anamnesis Journal December 2013.
- The Spirit of Capitalism The Distributist Review, July 24, 2012.
- The Limits of the Moral Law New Oxford Review, June 2012.
- "Aquinas on Buying and Selling The Distributist Review, May 14, 2013.
- Government, Society, and the Human Good Anamnesis Journal December 2012.
- Social Justice According to Pius XI Homiletic and Pastoral Review, December 26, 2012.
- America and the Evangelization of Culture Ethika Politika, June 13, 2012.
- Catholic Social Teaching: Homage to Christ the King Catholic Men's Quarterly, Fall 2011.
- Government: Good or Bad? Big or Little? Chronicles, vol. 29, no. 1 (January 2005).
- Democracy and God Chronicles, vol. 28, no. 11 (November 2004).
- John Locke, Liberal Totalitarianism, and the Trivialization of Religion Faith & Reason, vol. 26, no. 3 (Autumn 2001).
- Liberalism's Three Assaults Homiletic & Pastoral Review, vol. 200, no. 4 (January 2000).
- Foundations of a Catholic Political Order. Originally published by Four Faces Press, 1998. Now available ThomasStorck.org.
- Catholics and Religious Liberty: What Can We Believe? Homiletic & Pastoral Review, vol. 7, no. 4 (January 1997).
- The Social Order as Community Caelum et Terra, vol. 6, no. 3 (Fall 1996).
- A Case for Censorship New Oxford Review, vol. 63, no. 4 (May 1996).
- Truth Embodied: A Sketch of Catholic Community Caelum et Terra, vol. 3, no. 1 (Winter 1993).
- The Problem of Religious Liberty: A New Proposal Faith & Reason, vol. 15, no. 1 (Spring 1989).
- Social Justice Review and the Tradition of Catholic Social Thought Social Justice Review, vol. 77 , no. 1/2 (January/February 1986).
America and Americanism
- The Catholic Failure to Change America Ethika Politika, April 29, 2014.
- Religious Freedom, John Locke, and the American Polity Ethika Politika, December 9, 2013.
- Religious Freedom, John Locke, and the American Polity, part. 2 Ethika Politika, December 10, 2013.
- Natural Law, Politics and the Transformation of America Ethika Politika, August 13, 2012.
- The Varieties of American Exceptionalism Ethika Politika, July 3, 2012.
- Corporate Personhood and 14th Amendment Rights Ethika Politika, May 15, 2012.
- Catholic in Faith, Protestant in Culture The Catholic Way, 2009.
- Nationalism or Patriotism? Chronicles, vol. 31, no. 1 (January 2007).
- American Catholics as Cultural Protestants New Oxford Review, vol. 66, no. 10 (November 1999).
- The Americanization of the Globe New Oxford Review, vol. 65, no. 2 (February 1998).
- The Brave New World Order: America as a Cultural Vacuum Caelum et Terra, vol. 4, no. 3 (Summer 1994).
- American Idolatry Fidelity, vol. 9, no. 6 (May 1990).
Thomas Storck has written extensively on economics and distributism -- you can find some of his writings on our page devoted to the Libertarian-Distributist debate. For a full list of Storck's writings on distributism and economic matters see ThomasStorck.org.